The offshore accident lawyer defends your rights any when you sustain an injury from accident on any kind of vessel in the Sea. The accident could occur at sea on a ship of a type, offshore platform, the dock, or on an aircraft that transports crews from or to land. It is crucial to employ an Houston legal professional for an offshore injuries who will investigate the case for who’s accountable and the law that applies.
Contact Simmons and Fletcher, P.C., Injury & offshore attorney to receive a free consultation on your claim for injury in the offshore. We work on a contingent fee basis , meaning that you don’t have to pay anything up front and you pay there are no offshore attorney fees unless we achieve a settlement on your behalf.
Types of offshore injuries
When an offshore worker embarks on a job in the maritime sector it is well-known that the job is physically demanding and has the inherent risk of being more hazardous than the land-based job. The frequency of injuries is high and ranges from minor to the gruesome and can even lead to death. In many instances minor injuries, they can turn into more serious over time.
The most frequent kinds of offshore injuries are:
- Brain injury traumatic: TBIs can be suffered in any variety of ways. Offshore workers regularly put themselves in industrial and construction surroundings. A head-on collision due to a slip or fall as well as being hit by swaying or unsecure cargo, could cause trauma to the brain. It can cause permanent changes in the personality or cognitive function.
- Back and spinal injuries: operating equipment, lugging heavy loads, as well as hard work can be very strenuous, that requires a lot of standing in a squat, lifting, twisting and pulling. Offshore workers are susceptible to injuries as a result of falls or hit by vehicles or unsteady loads. Neck or back injuries could cause persistent pain, limited mobility and in severe situations, it can cause quadriplegia or paraplegia. Even if medical attention is provided quickly, there could be long-term disabilities caused by back and spinal injuries.
- Falling and slips: The injuries sustained in accidents involving slips or falls can be among the most frequent and may be very serious. Slips and falls could cause concussions and even fractures of bones. In certain cases, slipping onto the platform of vessel or platform can cause you to go overboard, and this can quickly escalate to a dangerous situation.
- Hearing loss: If hearing protection isn’t offered or required, it is possible that over time, employees are exposed to substantial noise levels to reduce their hearing. In some instances, when the workplace is loud enough, tinnitus or complete hearing loss could develop.
- Loss of legs: Inadvertently walking in the route of a truck, or forklift, or working with cables in tension or getting a leg caught and crushed by unstable cargo such as coils, plates, pipes, or tires can result in injuries that require the removal of limbs. Loss of leg is a devastating accident that often requires the use of a prosthetic.
- Broken and crushing bones: Offshore work generally involves a large dependence on heavy equipment, whether for construction or everyday tasks. Accidents can result from the machinery breaking down or when safety guidelines are not adhered to. The most common result is fractured or crushed bones. Injuries from crushing can cause damage to internal organs and cause dangerous situations.
- Frostbite and hypothermia: In the maritime and offshore sectors, workers often work in extreme conditions and throughout the night and day. That means offshore workers are frequently exposed to extreme cold temperatures which could cause frostbite or hypothermia. The risk is increased due to exposure to water, whether through extreme conditions or by a slip overboard.
- Drowning: A slip or fall could quickly turn into an injury that could be life-threatening, particularly when recovery isn’t immediate. In addition, hypothermia could be a problem even in water that is relatively warm.
- lung damage: If safety protocols are not observed or strictly enforced, or if accidents result in spills, employees are susceptible to serious chemical injuries. When the chemicals are inhaled the long-term and severe lung damage may develop. In some instances exposure to large amounts of these chemicals could be immediate life-threatening. In other situations, smaller exposures can cause smaller injuries that may be chronic or even cumulative.
- Fatalities: Each year offshore workers die tragically in accidents that occur along the East Coast of the United States. If you’ve lost the love of your life one who passed away due to negligence or accident or negligence, you are entitled to seek compensation for their loss.
Claiming compensation for offshore injuries
A serious offshore injuries could be life-altering, particularly when it’s classified as catastrophic. Based on the extent of your injuries as well as the circumstances that led to the injuries, you could be entitled to compensation:
- Loss of earnings: An action for lost earnings is crucial for offshore workers injured or their loved ones. If you’re no longer in a position to work due to the injury you sustained, you could get compensation for the income you’ve lost, are losing and are likely to lose due to your accident.
- medical expenses: If you’ve had an injury of a serious nature in the offshore area you’re likely to find that you’re paying medical bills up. You could be eligible to claim your current expenses , as well as future medical costs. The claims could include expenses for treatment, surgery rehabilitation, physical therapy and mental health services and transport costs to receive treatment.
- Ailment and pain: The pain and suffering can be divided into mental and physical suffering and pain: The suffering of your physical injuries, along with the suffering and pain from scarring, disfigurement, or persistent complications; and mental suffering and pain, such as mental anxiety, stress as well as anxiety and the loss of pleasure in life.
Furthermore, if you’re classified to be an Jones Act seaman you’re legally entitled to maintenance and cure as the fundamental right of all seamen. If you’ve been injured at work, injury, your employer has to pay for your general costs of living (maintenance) as well as medical expenses (cure) during the time you’re not working due to your recovery. Offshore workers who don’t fit the requirements that is “seaman” may qualify for benefits under a separate federal law called the longshore and harbor workers Compensation Act (LHWCA).
In the most serious instances, sustained offshore injuries can cause the death of a worker. Families of the victims may have the right to compensation through the filing of a claim for wrongful deaths against the person responsible.
Choosing the right offshore accident lawyer
If you’ve been injured as a result of an offshore injuries It is crucial to have a seasoned maritime lawyer or offshore injuries attorney on your side, who will defend your rights under the law. Lawyers for maritime law are experienced litigators who know the federal and state maritime laws as well as international agreements. They have a solid understanding in winning your case and obtaining the most compensation for your injuries.
The field of maritime law is an exceptionally skilled and specific field of law, There aren’t many lawyers who can practice the area as efficiently as the attorneys of Montagna Maritime Law. Contact us today to arrange for a free consultation and discuss legal alternatives with a knowledgeable maritime lawyer at no upfront cost.
Offshore injury and state personal injury law
The offshore injuries which do not fall under the above regulations could be covered under state law governing personal injuries. The law in the state that applies is usually determined by the distance to the scene of the incident. Since the laws differ between states and the above Acts could be applicable, you must consult an offshore attorney from offshore to help you determine what options for recovery are accessible to you.
What is offshore accident lawyer?
A lawyer for offshore accidents defends your rights any occasion you suffer an injury from accident on any type of vessel that is on the Sea. The accident could happen at sea on a vessel of some type, on an offshore platform docks, or even the helicopter that is transporting crews from land to.
What is Houston Maritime attorney?
Houston maritime injury attorneys are there to assist injured dock workers or seamen receive the money they require to heal from injuries that are serious and pay for the long-term medical expenses that result from accidents off the coast. This covers any incidents that happen in “navigable waters” (rivers and oceans) as well as in harbors and docks.