Facebook is among the numerous social media platforms utilized by users to stay connected with their loved ones and keep informed about the latest happenings and developments. Facebook is accessible by users on PC, Mac, and even on mobile devices. Facebook is accessible via either your web browser , or an exclusive Facebook application that is accessible.
The app offers numerous benefits however, it’s not a good idea when you encounter problems like Facebook No Internet Connection. If you find that the Facebook says no internet connectivity for you, then this guide will help.
This is a frequent issue and many users have been to this problem at least once, so don’t be down as there are methods to resolve the issue. Today, we’ll take a look at the different ways to fix the problem that you can use to fix the Facebook no internet connection problem.
Why facebook says “No Internet Connection” on your phone?
The most common method of accessing Facebook is via the Facebook application which is accessible on Android as well as iOS. If you’ve tried to log into your account using the app as well as your browser on your computer and are experiencing the same error message, below are the reasons it appears:
- Server Problems – From time times, Facebook’s servers go down because of server maintenance or an internal issue. So, you can’t access your account, and it can result in an “Facebook No Internet Connection” error appearing at the top of the page.
If that’s an issue, you’ll have to wait between a couple of hours or a few days, until Facebook’s servers are online again. You can try the Is it down right now and other similar websites to check the website’s server’s status.
- Poor Internet Performance – Facebook says no internet, If using Facebook via your smartphone it’s likely that you’re using an wifi connection–either via Wireless or Cellular data. The currently connection speed might not be sufficient in order to allow you access to the Facebook server. This is why you will see the “Facebook No Internet Connection” error message will pop up.
- App Issues – If haven’t updated your phone’s apps for a while, a few of them could begin to fail and exhibit issues. A dated version of the Facebook application could cause this issue with logins.
- Problems with browsers – If using your Facebook account via an internet-connected device, try trying to fix your web browser, clearing out any unwanted data. Alternately, try logging into Facebook using another browser.
- Account glitches – If you have managed to login on Facebook but are suddenly confronted with an error, the issue could be due to a glitch that have occurred on the account. Try logging off from your account, then logging to your account. Are you able to tell what happens if someone takes a screenshot of your Facebook post when logged in?
How to fix facebook no internet connection error?
Before you try all the possible fixes, one option you can do is connect to different apps or websites via your smartphone or computer’s browser. This will determine whether the problem is caused by Facebook the app itself rather than an Facebook No Internet Connection. If you are able to access all applications other than Facebook it is possible that the issue may be directly with the Facebook server.
If you’re having problems connecting on your smartphone You can try to reconnect with your WiFi network. Here’s how using an iPhone:
- Open your phone, then navigate on to settings > WiFi.
- Select the Wi-Fi network you want to use and select to Forget This Network.
- After that, reboot your phone , and swipe upwards to access to the Control Center.
- Click and hold the WI-FI icon to display your list of available wireless connection. Click on your Wi-Fi connection, and then enter your security code in order to join.
If you are using the Cellular connection for data connection make sure that your device is equipped with an solid signal to prevent issues with connection. Also, ensure that you have sufficient data for connecting with the Internet.
Here are some solutions you can test when you encounter an ” Facebook No Internet Connection” error:
1: Uninstall the facebook app and reinstall
If you’re having problems with the app then try restarting the Facebook app on your smartphone. The app will prompt your device to download the most recent version of the app that could be the cause of the issue of Facebook No Internet Connection.
To remove this app from the Facebook App and reinstall it again on your iPhone follow these steps:
- When you are on the Home Screen Click the Facebook icon, then click to remove the app.
- Select the delete appoption for confirmation.
- Then step is to launch your app store and then click the Search button (bottom-left right-hand corner).
- Find the word “Facebook”and select the option to Get. You may be asked to enter the fingerprint of your account or Apple account password in order to continue.
- The installation should be completed.
- Once the application is up and running and you are logged in, sign into your Facebook account and check whether the error is still showing up.
2: Clean the entire browsing history on your browser
If you’ve been making use of your computer for an extended time, it’s likely that there’s old information about your browsing–such such as cookies, cache and cookies that could cause this problem. Facebook says no internet, To delete your browsing information in Chrome Follow these steps:
- Start your Chrome browser and click on the option to expand the Optionsicon (three horizontal dots) in the upper-right edge of your screen.
- Choose the Settingson in the dropdown menu, then select Privacy and Security. Privacy and Security..
- Select Clear browsing data.
- Here, you can see the browsing data you wish to erase. Look for Cookies, as well as other site informationand images that are cached and images and.
- After that, choose Clear Data and then wait for it to complete.
- After clearing those after that, log in to your Facebook account to test if the error still persists.
When you’re running Safari using an iOS device then open your settingsapp and navigate there to Safari > advanced > website dataand click to delete all website data..
After you have tried all the above steps but your Internet connection is not working error is still visible at the top of your display, try switching to an alternative browser and check if that resolves the problem.
3: Relog to your facebook account
As we mentioned previously Your Facebook account might have some glitches occasionally. If you’ve been able to login and then suddenly become disconnected, follow these steps:
- In the Facebook app, click to click on the Menu icon located in the bottom-right edge of your screen.
- Scroll down to choose Log In. Click Log Out a second time to confirm.
- Select your Gear icon on the app, and choose your account.
- Make sure to tap Removing account to eliminate Facebook from your device. Facebook profile from your computer.
- After it has been removed you can enter your login credentials and log in again, and check whether the error shows up.
If the above steps don’t work, you may attempt to change the account’s account’s password. Here’s how to follow:
- On the page for login on the application, choose To Forget Password?
- Enter the login’s account’s email or phone number..
- You’ll be required to verify your access to the account’s phone number by sending an confirm code.
- Enter the code that you received and then enter your new password.
- After your password has been reset Enter your login credentials using new password. updated password and check if the error of Facebook No Internet Connection error persists.
If you’re unable to make any of these work, you could try watching the app on a device that isn’t your phone. Our guide regarding how to stream Facebook Live on Roku will be of help.
4: Update the app
If you haven’t upgraded the Facebook application in the past few months it could be that your device is running an unsupported version. This is why you’re having issues with the application.
It is necessary to make sure you update the Facebook application to the most current version to fix the problem with Facebook No Internet Connection. To do this, go to the Google Play Store if you have an Android device, or the App Store on iOS. The update to the Facebook application can help you resolve glitches and bugs that were introduced in the earlier version, especially if the update targeted at bug fixing and performance enhancements.
5: Contact the support team
In the event that none of these options above work, and you are still getting an Facebook No Internet Connection If you are still having problems, you can seek assistance from the Facebook Support team’s help.
How can i contact the facebook support team?
Start Facebook. Launch the Facebook App and log into your profile. Select the menu icon at the upper right corner and select the option for Settings.
Under Settings, choose “Help”, then “Report a Problem”. There are three options, which are “Report spam or abuse”, “Send Feedback”, and “Report a problem”.
Choose “Report a problem” and discuss the issue that is causing absence of Facebook No Internet Connection. It is also possible to add a screenshot to your message, and select “Submit”. You must wait for Support staff to solve the problem.
This is the solution to the problem in the event that Facebook No Internet Connection. However, if you encounter the problem it is recommended you download the lighter version of the Facebook application that’s available for Android. If you’re an iOS user or isn’t interested in using the free option of the Facebook app, the most effective thing option is to log into Facebook by using the web browser that is installed on your smartphone.